Digital Art Director
ABOUT URBAN CANVAS
We’re Urban Canvas, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Denver, Colorado. We create the kind of foundational ideas that transform design into more than just pretty pictures. They live, breathe and elicit action. We stand for beautility — the belief that everything you see, touch, hear and interact with should not only serve a purpose but also be beautiful. Our core capabilities are digital, print, and motion, including design, advertising, concepting, branding, video, animation, TV, web & app design, UX & UI, copywriting, product naming, production design, apparel, package design, and digital marketing. We hand-pick our clients to make sure our values align with theirs and that we believe in what they are selling. Our current clients range from world-class museums to plant-based food and beverages to B-corporations.
HOW TO SUCCEED AT URBAN CANVAS
• Be passionate about design and have a fine-tuned aesthetic
• Be conceptual in your design approach
• Keep up with UX and design trends
• Be great to work with and have a positive attitude
• Conception, design and execution of digital visuals to be used in online advertising and digital marketing.
• Design and execution of web projects ranging from single landing pages to robust e-commerce sites to mobile apps.
• Own and execute the website creation process, including content strategy, user flows, wireframing, UI design, concept design, prototyping, page layout, and production work.
• Assist with other conceptual design projects as needed. (e.g. digital ads, social media assets, emails, campaigns).
• Apply user-centered design approach to create impactful digital solutions based on best-in-class principles and/or emerging trends.
• Clearly and effectively communicate design ideas and strategy while building enthusiasm and appreciation for your design’s contribution to the client’s success.
• QC your work on a staging environment.
• Handle multiple design projects at once involving collaboration with Art Directors, Copywriters, Creative Directors, Project Manager, and Developers.
Strong proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Ability to design wireframes and take wireframes to a high fidelity prototype in XD.
Ability to create mobile-first design for complex websites.
Ability to take creative direction and function as part of a team.
Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
Effective time management skills.
Understanding of branding and marketing.
Understanding of user experience research methodology.
6+ years of relevant experience.
Development background is not required for this position.
NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
• SEO knowledge
• Motion/Video/Animation Skills
WHY YOU’LL LIKE IT HERE
• Great space/atmosphere to work in
• Fun and passionate people to work with
• Ability to work from home
• Competitive Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Please include your online portfolio, Dribble or Behance profile with your application in order to be considered. Or links to working websites with your roles/responsibilities listed. Email to email@example.com
Urban Canvas is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Thank you for applying!