Digital Designer Position (Full or Part-Time)
We are a Denver-based boutique agency of visionary creatives and executional experts who move mountains with powerful concepts. We create the kind of foundational ideas that transform design into more than just pretty pictures. They live, breathe and elicit action. We stand for beautility — the belief that everything you see, touch, hear and interact with should not only serve a purpose but also be beautiful.
Our core capabilities are digital, print, and motion, including design, advertising, concepting, branding, video, animation, TV, web & app design, UX & UI, copywriting, product naming, production design, apparel, package design, and digital marketing.
We hand-pick our clients to make sure our values align with theirs and that we believe in what they are selling. Our current clients range from world-class museums to plant-based food and beverages, to B-corporations.
How to succeed at Urban Canvas
- Be passionate about design and have a fine-tuned aesthetic
- Be conceptual in your design approach
- Keep up with UX and design trends
- Be great to work with and have a positive attitude
- Work directly with the Digital Creative Director on the web design process from concept to production, including: content strategy, wireframing, design concepts, component design/management, prototyping, page layout, production work, and design cleanup to match brand and style guidelines.
- Job will be about 70% production work/ 30% creative work to begin with, growing into more creative work over time.
- Assist with other conceptual design projects as needed. (e.g. digital ads, social media assets, emails, campaigns).
- Apply user-centered design approach to create impactful digital solutions based on best in class principles and/or emerging trends.
- Clearly and effectively communicate design ideas and strategy while building enthusiasm and appreciation for your design’s contribution to the client’s success.
- QC your work on a staging environment.
- Handle multiple design projects at once involving collaboration with UX Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Creative Directors, Project Manager, and Developers.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to design wireframes and take wireframes to a high fidelity prototype in XD.
- Ability to create mobile-first design for complex websites.
- Ability to take creative direction and function as part of a team.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Effective time management skills.
- Understanding of branding and marketing.
- Understanding of user experience research methodology.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Development background is not required for this position.
Why you’ll like it here
- Great space/atmosphere to work in
- Fun and passionate people to work with
- Ability to work from home
- Competitive Pay
Nice to have
- SEO knowledge
- Motion/Animation/Videos Skills
Please include your online portfolio, Dribble or Behance profile with your application in order to be considered. Or links to working websites with your roles/responsibilities listed. Email to email@example.com
Note: We take our sweet time in the hiring process, but for good reason. 1/3 of your life is spent at work, so we want to make sure it’s a great fit for everyone. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear back right away; we see you. And thanks for applying!
Urban Canvas is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability.